Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day(s)

Yesterday John and I woke up to both find via email that our respective offices had closed due to inclement weather. And thus began our first snow day together! 

(Rosie finding out we'd be spending the day at home with her.)


(We were both SHOCKED when we realized work was canceled. But trust me, the white you see in the picture is all ice. Very treacherous. ;))

So we started off the day with a bowl of oatmeal lots of coffee and watched the movie, "Best in Show." We then lounged a little longer and I made some banana bread while John took Rosie outside.  

(The cold weather makes her run even faster.)

(Best in Show)

(Such an explorer.)

It was then time for a little work out before we ate grilled cheese and grapefruit for lunch and then ventured out to a nearby Starbucks later in the afternoon. We sat there enjoying lattes and reading books until the store announced they were closing early. Boo.

We headed home and played Scrabble, then Wii Golf before making black bean soup and guacamole tostadas for dinner. As we were cleaning up, I was notified that my office would be closed for a SECOND day and John's would not open until 10AM. Sweet stuff. We stayed up late watching "Insomnia" and enjoying the end of a pretty perfect snow day together.

P.S. It's currently 10:30 AM on Melissa's Snow Day: Round 2 and I'm getting a little antsy. I may try venturing out later today. All of this extra free time is somewhat overwhelming...

No comments:

Post a Comment