Monday, March 1, 2010

Keeping Busy

The Hardages have been on the move. John finished the bar exam Thursday evening and we celebrated Friday by doing anything he wanted to do. This involved eating lunch at The Epicurean , a buffet of fresh, locally grown produce and healthy meals (if you're in Waco, try it!) followed by watching Shutter Island. Evening rolled around and we met up with the Wilkinsons and the Williams for a couple of games of bowling.
Can you guess whose feet these are?


Typical girls bowling picture

Turns out, I'm still not good at bowling. We then all went to dinner at another new restaurant in Waco, Portofino's. Delicious.

Saturday morning something unusual happened. John and I both woke up with nothing to do. It was glorious. Following a morning of nothingness, I met up with Mom, Nana and Megan for lunch in Waco and then rode back with the ladies to Fort Worth. We laughed the entire way there.

Apples

I headed over to Mrs. Rebecca Brown's lovely new home for a little GNI (Girls Night In). DeeDee and Kendall joined us and we ate dinner, consumed lots of wine and devoured the best chocolate molten cake I've ever tasted. It was so good to catch up with the girls at a non-wedding related event (we had too many of those in 2009) and reminisce about our "glory days".


I rode back to Waco Sunday with Courtney, Rett and Gus and met up with John who had also had a busy weekend visiting with family in town for Sing and watching Baylor basketball and baseball. John and I made dinner, followed by some Wii action. Turns out I'm not a good Wii bowler either. Or Wii tennis player.

Tomorrow I'm helping host a Census kick-off breakfast. Have you been counted?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment